Friday, March 10, 2006

The List

*phone rings*

*thick Indian accent masquerading as anglo* Hello sir, I was wondering if my manager could ask you a few question to offer you a saving on your telephone cost, it will only take a minute of your time.

OK

*bleep* *click*

Hello sir, today I would like to offer you a service that we here like to call an unprivatised telephone utility network. This service will be run at cost, possibly even under-cost with funding from government, which will mean great savings in the long term.

Also sir, there will be entirely no reason for any multinational, or otherwise, telephone giant to use dirt cheap labour to harrass you about switching from one profit-whore to another profit whore, with a pricing system so complex it requires previous tabulated phone call details, a spreadsheet, several hours of data entry, and the realisation of only a minor saving before you realise they'll change the plan without notice anyway.

(The above is a call I'd love to get around meal times.)




AAPT, you just made the list:

AAPT: 1 call today.

(Anyone have any other companies to add?)

1 Comments:

At 7:10 pm, March 14, 2006, Blogger Mikey_Capital said...

Dodo ISP outsourced its annoying call machine to india. Said I was not interested and hanged up.

I get Telstra ones now and then begging to come back. I'm with Optus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home