Monday, October 30, 2006

Making fun of Bob Brown.

Someone, somewhere, made the claim: "When the ABC commies fun of Bob Brown, etc - then I'll believe there's no bias." In fact, I've heard it many times now, so here's the reason why it never happens:

Senator Bob Brown, thanks for joining us.

Pleasure, and might I say you look particularly nice tonight.

Thank you.

Yes, that really is a.. spiffy number.

Thank you, it's the ABC's wardrobe and makeup department really.

Oh don't get me started on makeup! Oh Lordy me, don't you find mascara takes forever to apply!

Well, I.. I mostly just get the powder stuff to mask the sweat.. from all the lights.

Oh I bet it's from the lights you saucy devil. *winks*

*ahem* Can we.. start.. with the questions?

Sure, sure.

Mr Brown, as I'm sure you're aware, we here at the ABC will soon have to be very careful to seem unbiased, and some have suggested that even the satirists should be mocking yourself.

Sounds fair to me.

How can they do that?

How can they do what, Brian? Make fun of me? Well, I dunno, I'm not quite the raging comedian myself Brian.

That's just it Mr Brown, the Chaser team has resorted to toilet humor, they spent the last week trying to figure out how to link fart jokes to an attack on your person.

I don't fart Brian, bad for the ozone.

You don't do anything that people can parody.

Well, what do you suggest? What do the other politicans do that gets them parody time?

There's lots of things, hypocrisy and ill-thought-out policy for starters.

We've got that, we've got lots of crazy policies - just check the media. Fielding's got the low down.

Yes, but they're not actually crazy are they Senator?

No, Brian, they're thought through and sound.

So if they satire your crazy policies, they're mocking the media, and not you.

Well there's lots to parody there.

This is serious Senator Brown, we risk losing our license, and the small droplets of funding we manage to get from this government. We need the ability to make fun of you.

Should I get a funny walk maybe. Pull a face. There you go, I just pulled a face, get Dawe in here, he could do that one, it'll have them in hysterics after the 7:30 Report.

That wasn't a face Mr Brown.

Yes it was, look I'll do it again. See? Woohoo, Henderson will cream her pants with that.

Senator, you raised your eyebrows.

That's a face.

No it's not.

I think you'll find it's part of the face Brian, part of the facial structure, I used to be a doctor you know.

Yes Mr Brown, you're a short-haired, neat, sober, educated, sensible and boring politician.

I'm a poof too. You could do something with that. Like Little Britain: "I'm the only gay in the Senate."

You can't even do the voice.

I can't dress up like that chap either, new party rules - suit and tie, no fishnets. Ruined Wednesday nights for me. You ever been to a queer rave in a suit?

I can't say I have.

I mean it's alright if it's crotch-less...

... Senator Brown, this isn't funny.

Brian, I can't just enact some irrational policies for the amusement of people who only watch the ABC so they can see how biased it isn't anymore.

Why not?

I'm one man, I get one vote, I'd need to get a large number of members on board to being in crazy policy.

Senator Brown, we'll have to leave it there, we've run out of time. Coming up next, The Chasers' new series '30 Minutes of Compulsory Right-Biased Bob Brown Senate Speeches With Poignantly-Timed Canned Farts.'

3 Comments:

At 1:44 pm, September 16, 2015, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 09.16
burberry outlet, michael kors handbags, ralph lauren outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, replica watches, michael kors outlet store, louboutin uk, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, christian louboutin, longchamp bags, oakley sunglasses, gucci handbags, ralph lauren polo, nike air max, burberry factory outlet, uggs outlet, cheap jordans, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors, louis vuitton, uggs outlet, prada handbags, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, prada outlet, uggs on sale, michael kors outlet online, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, tiffany jewelry

 
At 1:48 pm, September 16, 2015, Blogger Unknown said...

hermes handbags, valentino shoes, ghd hair, asics running shoes, nike air max uk, jimmy choo outlet, longchamp uk, nike free, lululemon outlet, mac cosmetics, giuseppe zanotti, insanity workout, softball bats, herve leger, beats by dre, bottega veneta, p90x workout, wedding dresses, mont blanc, hollister clothing, new balance shoes, nike air max uk, abercrombie and fitch UK, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, nike trainers uk, salvatore ferragamo, nike air huarache, instyler ionic styler, north face outlet, reebok outlet, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, celine handbags, nike roshe uk, soccer jerseys, polo ralph lauren uk, soccer shoes, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, abercrombie, vans outlet, nike air max, mcm handbags, mulberry uk

 
At 1:50 pm, September 16, 2015, Blogger Unknown said...

ugg,uggs,uggs canada, replica watches, sac louis vuitton, gucci, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, nike air max, swarovski jewelry, marc jacobs, supra shoes, doke & gabbana, polo ralph lauren, ray ban, louis vuitton, oakley, links of london uk, lancel, thomas sabo uk, louis vuitton uk, michael kors outlet online, ugg pas cher, bottes ugg pas cher, iphone cases, pandora jewelry, hollister, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, toms shoes, pandora charms, coach outlet, sac louis vuitton, louboutin, ugg uk, vans scarpe, swarovski uk, pandora uk, timberland boots, michael kors outlet, juicy couture outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, converse shoes outlet, hollister, michael kors handbags, wedding dresses uk, converse, karen millen uk
ninest123 09.16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home