Saturday, April 15, 2006

Allegory - with a subtle message.

*Hysterical battered woman runs into police station.*

WOMAN: Help me! My husband followed me here and he wants to kill me!

POLICE: Excuse me lady, no pushing in.

WOMAN: Please, you have to help. *turns* Oh my God he's right outside waiting, I'm so glad I got here in time.

POLICE: Yes, your husband isn't the only one waiting, we have a whole lot of people waiting patiently in a line, outside to get statutory declarations, to ask for directions, for conjugal visits, as well as volunteers for the police line-ups. We can't play favorites to people seeking some kind of asylum, people demanding instant justice. We are very busy, you will have to wait in the queue like everyone else. Next please.

WOMAN: What? I don't understand, he.. he's got a knife and he's had too many drugs.

POLICE: That's not our problem, wait in the queue outside and when it's your turn, we will process you in an orderly fashion. Honestly, I'm getting sick of you queue-jumpers. Just because of a little life-or-death situation you think you can push in? Newsflash - we don't care! Impatient people deserve to die. Security - remove this lady from the premises. Next please.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 pm, April 15, 2006, Blogger Mikey_Capital said...

Let's not forget that the waiting room consists of a demountable three streets over where any counselling services that wish to assist them will have to make an appointment to see them (Nauru).

 
At 4:02 pm, April 17, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice analogy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home