Thursday, July 28, 2005

Me

I am a little worried I might be a latte left, so I thought I'd run myself through "Aleks' 8 Step Latte-Left Test(C)2005"
1. People who claim to care about the environment, but own a car and drive it to
work/uni because it would take them 10 minutes longer to get there by public
transport.

Ahh. I would take public transport to work, but it just isn't practical from where I am. I did get my license late, and only then it was because I was taking 2.5 hours to get to TAFE, bus-train-bus, and it would be similar to get to work. But, I've been pondering two options for quite a while now - a biodiesel car, or an electric bicycle. So, technically I'd say I've passed that one.
2. People who claim to care about the horrendous treatment of refugees in
Australia, but aren't active in any of the numerous groups who publicly
campaign on the matter.

Crud, I do care, but I haven't done anything about it, apart from trying to continue to keep the issue current with co-workers, which isn't easy when you get the Herald Sun readers head-in-sand "I don't want these evil-doers in my country, they sew lips together, they're... etc etc."

3. People who claim to support unions, but aren't active in their union, or
aren't even a member of their union.


I'm a Shop Steward (Deputy), so flying colours there.
4. People who bitch about how the ALP has sold out but still vote for those
treacherous bastards.

I stopped voting for them, I let my membership lapse, and I raise their uselessness at every single possible opportunity.
5. People who whinge about McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC etc and some of the
things they do, yet still buy things from there.

Well, I really don't give a hoot about them, I know they're bad, although Hungry Jacks is 50% Australian owned, and Red Rooster 100%. I normally don't frequent these places, I don't even eat "dirty bird" anymore, but there is a Maccas near my workplace that I do go to if I don't bring my own lunch, and I have personally boycotted the company cafeteria, and it's the only other place to eat. Oh, and they know me there and I get free food quite often, so in a way I'm not helping their business at all.
6. People who whine about how bad television has become, but watch mind-numbing reality television like Big Brother and Australian Idol.

Big Brother was banned from the household before it even aired. I was actually amazed tonight and changed to a commercial channel (7), which is rare, because they actually had a DOCUMENTARY on about Ghengis Khan.
7. People who say we need to support Australian culture, but don't go watch
Australian Films, Theatre or bands, and instead go watch the latest Adam Sandler
film and buy the latest piece of pop or hip-hop crap from the US.

We have a bit of a rule, for every non-Australian DVD we buy, we have to buy an Australian one, and they're always better. Oh and my latest CD was Legends of Motorsport (Aussie.)
8. People who drink wine.

Oh you dirty sod. I do drink a little wine now and then, a bit of Cab Sav goes a treat with food. But CUB have raised their prices to a crazy level now, and I wonder who profits from the big breweries as well. I'll get the home brew kit out one day.

Also, I don't drink LATTE's, I don't even have milk or sugar. At work I drink organic tea, and at home (and I was super-excited to find it in the local supermarket) organic fair-trade INSTANT coffee! You can really taste the missing DDT! Been looking for an instant one of them for a while.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 pm, July 29, 2005, Blogger Aleks - Anarcho-Syndicalist said...

I give you my official seal of approval: You are not a member of the latte left, though you do have some latte left tendencies. You need to stop drinking wine, stop frequenting Multinational fast food chains and try and become active in the refugee rights movement. I used to travel 2 hours each way to and from Uni, but you do pass number one. All in all however, not too bad; you are a kindred true lefty.

Oh and Red Rooster may be 100% Australian owned, but as an old SDA delegate the stories I heard about them were even worse then the ones I heard about McDonald's, KFC etc.

 
At 2:02 pm, December 05, 2015, Blogger Unknown said...

canada goose jackets
true religion outlet
ray ban outlet
mizuno running shoes
north face outlet
ralph lauren outlet
swarovski crystal
kobe bryants shoes
cheap wedding dresses
air jordan shoes for sale
tods outlet
michael kors handbags clearance
prada outlet
ray ban sunglasses
designer handbags,handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale handbags,designer bags,bags outlet,handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,designer purses
beats by dre
fred perry polo shirts
michael kors outlet online
true religion outlet
gucci,borse gucci,gucci sito ufficiale,gucci outlet
1205minko

 
At 2:02 pm, December 05, 2015, Blogger Unknown said...

canada goose jackets
true religion outlet
ray ban outlet
mizuno running shoes
north face outlet
ralph lauren outlet
swarovski crystal
kobe bryants shoes
cheap wedding dresses
air jordan shoes for sale
tods outlet
michael kors handbags clearance
prada outlet
ray ban sunglasses
designer handbags,handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale handbags,designer bags,bags outlet,handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,designer purses
beats by dre
fred perry polo shirts
michael kors outlet online
true religion outlet
gucci,borse gucci,gucci sito ufficiale,gucci outlet
1205minko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home